Aurahallows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
User Control Panel

Venomoth Administrative-tools-icon Your profile

Information

Preference

Signature

Venomoth App-wallet-leather-icon Social

Friends and Foes

Memberlist

Groups

Venomoth Places-mail-message-icon Private messages

Inbox

PM sent

Venomoth Download-iconOther

Topic is being watched

Aurahallows Staff
Member of the Month!

Poll

Your Favorite Eeveelution Is...

Venomoth Vote_lcap9%Venomoth Vote_rcap 9% [ 5 ]
Venomoth Vote_lcap17%Venomoth Vote_rcap 17% [ 9 ]
Venomoth Vote_lcap20%Venomoth Vote_rcap 20% [ 11 ]
Venomoth Vote_lcap13%Venomoth Vote_rcap 13% [ 7 ]
Venomoth Vote_lcap7%Venomoth Vote_rcap 7% [ 4 ]
Venomoth Vote_lcap6%Venomoth Vote_rcap 6% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 54

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 160 on Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:23 pm
Statistics
We have 62 registered users
The newest registered user is wallgil

Our users have posted a total of 4354 messages in 144 subjects

Venomoth

4 posters

Go down

Venomoth Empty Venomoth

Post by EimP Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:13 pm

Venomoth 049
Stats:  Hp 70, Atk 65, Def 60, Sp. Atk 90, Sp Def 75, Speed 90,

Abilitys:
·         Shield Dust: Damaging moves used by the opponent will not have an additional effect.
·         Tinted Lens: The power of “not very effective” moves is doubled.
·         Hidden Ability (Available):Wonder Skin : Makes non-damaging moves that are targeted at this Pokémon have the accuracy of 50%

Moves:
Level Up:
Spoiler:

Tms:
·         
Spoiler:

Egg moves:
·         
Spoiler:

Black 2, White 2 Move Tutors:
·         
Spoiler:

Venomoth hasn’t changed from Gen 5. With the new Fairy type, Venomoth now has  1 more type in which it can take hits. Venomoth’s  Quiver Dance passes can make Special Sweepers become very dangerous like Hydrigen, Charizard and more. However Venomoth has a nerf, it now has to be be careful of using Sleep Powder now that Grass Types are immune it. Also with the Over Coat buff, Venomoth now has a harder goal for making a successful Sleep Powder. Stealth Rock and Spikes also limit its switches, but don’t let these cons make you not use it. Venomoth is a great supporter when used right. With that you can great an opponents’ pokemon crippled while boosting one of your own. Venomoth’s Wonder Skin Ability just makes it easier.

C.B.P.

Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Bug Buzz
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance

Cripple, Boost, Pass. This is what Venomoth does, and it does it well. Cripple an opponent with sleep powder then use a quiver dance right after. After that baton pass to an team mate to do some heavy damage, if Venomoth has enough hp, it can do it all over again. This is Venomoth’s best set, due to is great chance of passing it to a teammate who can do heavy damage.

S.B.P.
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Bug Buzz
- Substitute
- Quiver Dance

A more risky set due to crippling not an opponent, but hoping that your opponent doesn’t attack twice (or miss with that stone edge or fire blast). Use substitute, Quiver Dance and Baton Pass, the payoff can be great due to your teammate, being behind a sub, which gives it a better chance to sweep.

Taunt Bait!
EVs: 2 Sp Def/ 252 Hp/ 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Sleep Powder
- Substitute
- Quiver Dance

An even more riskier set. This is because you won’t attack! However this gives an even greater payoff to your team if you managed to do it because you get to cripple a opponent, but you get your sweeper behind a sub! However be careful as if Venomoth is your last poke, you pretty much are done for.

Other Choices:

You can go for a sweeper with Quiver Dance, Bug Buzz, Sludge Bomb, and Giga Drain, with Tinted Lens, but you missing Venomoth’s main goal. You can use another ability but Wonder Skin outclass both as it helps Venomoth avoid moves like Taunt, Spore, and Thunder Wave 50% of the time.

Counters:

Talonflame is one. Talonflame can simply use Brave Bird whenever it likes and if Sleep Powder misses, its either forced switch or game over. Stealth Rock hurts Venomoth as it removes 25% of its health every switch in. Also if Venomoth is taunted, it is forced to attack. Venomoth also isn’t that hard hitting either, so good counters are Heatran, Tyranitar, Talonflame, and Charizard to give some examples. 
EimP
EimP

Back to top Go down

Venomoth Empty Re: Venomoth

Post by Drizbit™~ Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:58 pm

You forgot the part where you got the wrong items, tinted Lens/Black Sludge Moth, i have runned Venomoth so much times it isnt even funny
Drizbit™~
Drizbit™~

Back to top Go down

Post by EimP Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:18 pm

You can use a set with Black Sludge as well, but Venomoth's lack buster stats hurts it a bit. You can do a set of 

Item:Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp Def / 4 Spd
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Bug Buzz
- Substitute
- Quiver Dance

But the thing is, quiver dance only boosts the Special Defense, and some of Venomoth's biggest checks are Physical attackers such as the common Talonflame, Tyranitar and new threats such as Charizard. You can also use an offense Tinted Lens set but if you go Timid, you lose that attacking power, and while you go with Modest, Venomoth gets out sped. Also Venomoth is outclassed as a attacker. Volocarna, Yanmega and Genesect all outclass it due to their better attacking types, coverage, and boosting abilities. Also Yanmega has tinted lens.
EimP
EimP

Back to top Go down

Post by Drizbit™~ Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:40 pm

EimP, not even what i run, your sets are good but i cant assure you substitute will be effective unless opponent has a forre or ferro out
Drizbit™~
Drizbit™~

Back to top Go down

Post by EimP Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:42 pm

That's why i stated that the S.B.P. set is more risky. Cause of sub. You can take the risk from Stone Edge, but what happens if it hits? This why i use the C.B.P. set mainly, because i can at least cripple a target instead of predicting if the opponent will attack.
EimP
EimP

Back to top Go down

Post by Drizbit™~ Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:22 pm

your sets are good but not god enough, its not easy to run moth with my set, its risky but effective as hell, i know its good points and weaknesses because moth was my main pokemon for almost 2 years
Drizbit™~
Drizbit™~

Back to top Go down

Post by EimP Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:24 pm

For me, I use Venomoth as a supporter, in which Venomoth can do best. I pass the boost to a pokemon that can sweeper way better like Hydreigon, Charizard y or Gengar-M before it was banned to give a couple of examples.
EimP
EimP

Back to top Go down

Post by Drizbit™~ Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:09 pm

Venomoth itself is a threat, Bug Buzz does 3 times damage itself with tinted lense imagine boosted, i used to sweep with moth solo
Drizbit™~
Drizbit™~

Back to top Go down

Post by EimP Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:19 pm

It is a threat no doubt, an underrated threat to even say. But Venomoth's bigger threat is to support a already scary speacial sweeper, give it a boost in sp attack, sp def, and speed and sweep. This is how I win many of my battles.
EimP
EimP

Back to top Go down

Post by Drizbit™~ Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:13 pm

lol id sweep the grass types first without having to qd then i sleep powder ive always run him like that
Drizbit™~
Drizbit™~

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-man Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:03 am

Word drizbit I used to sweep with venomoth back in 5th gen too haha
Z-man
Z-man
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Drizbit™~ Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:52 pm

though people never run moth like i do, mine is what you call a risky moveset
Drizbit™~
Drizbit™~

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpinator Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:15 pm

As long as Talonflame is as popular as it is, you shouldn't try to base a whole team around passing boosts with Venomoth. It literally renders prediction with the moth useless seeing how you switch in Venomoth, next turn they bring in Talonflame and you either bail or die. You could try and set it up so Talonflame can't switch in with SR or whatever, but people who know how to play won't put themselves in that situation easily.
Derpinator
Derpinator
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum